A boutique holiday house with stunning views across the Wye valley and just 5 miles from Hay on Wye
Sublime views of the Black Mountains, nestled in the Welsh rolling hills and just over 10 mins drive from Hay on Wye, the Red Kite holiday house is the perfect place to explore the breathtaking countryside of the Black mountains and the Brecon Beacons. Famed for its Festival, Hay on Wye is an incredible hub of creativity.
The Red Kite is a 17th Century farmhouse in an incredibly peaceful location with stunning views all around. It is situated on Newchurch Hill and you can walk straight off our 15 acres onto thousands on acres of common land. A beautiful collection of hills inhabited by wild ponies, sheep, rabbits and the rare wild hare.
The house comfortably sleeps 8 people in 4 stunning bedrooms all with their own bathroom. It has been decorated to a very high standard with attention to detail and many luxurious features, including a beautiful calming paint palette and sumptuous wool and linen fabrics throughout, a wonderfully equipped kitchen.
The views from the house really are breathtaking. Initially operating as an organic B&B guests were often in awe of the views, as the comments on Trip Advisor show. By day enjoy the splendour of the sight of Hay Bluff and the rest of the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons. On a clear night wrap up in a blanket with a nightcap and witness the dazzling starlit skies.
The house at a glance
- 4 double bedrooms, each with its own beautiful bathroom
- Spacious living room with wood burner, 50″ TV with sound bar
- Well equipped kitchen, 8 burner, double oven Smeg cooker
- Dining room with wood burner and tall doors leading to the garden
- Spacious 3 acre garden and an acre of woodland
- Stunning views of the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons
- Decorated to a very high standard
- Suitable for babes in arms and children over 8 years old
- Please contact us if you’d like to bring a dog
Where to find us
The Red Kite is in the beautiful Welsh countryside just over 10 minutes drive from Hay on Wye, thirty minutes from Hereford and 50 minutes from Abergavenny.
The house is up a quiet country lane and enjoys peace and space to roam under the backdrop of the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons.
Please do print off our directions as some sat nav’s have been known to take guests to Bryngwn Ridind School.